PSA Basketball Winter Playoffs, Practice and Trophy's
PRACTICES: All practices in schools, at PSA1 and PSA2 are over February 15th.
TROPHY’S: All Kg – 2nd graders receive participation trophy’s. 3rd grade and up receive trophies if they place in the playoffs only.
PLAYOFFS: All teams in 3rd grade and up girls and boys automatically are in the playoffs. Playoffs begin Wednesday February 20. Playoffs end for all teams March 2 3rd if needed..
If you know your team will not be participating in the playoffs, let your league coordinator and myself know by Feb 13 if possible. Please do not wait until the scheduler is working on the schedule to let us know. All teams will be scheduled for the playoffs unless we hear from the coach.
CONFLICTS: Individual Team conflicts cannot be accepted for the playoffs.
GAME SCORES & STANDINGS:
Please make sure your win loss record is correct including your standings. If you have scores not entered or not correct, please e-mail myself and Ralph Walker at email@example.com so we can enter scores or make corrections as needed. Also send your league coordinator and myself your correct standings, if they are wrong, as they will need them for the team seeding. For the remainder of the regular season and for the playoffs, please check the score sheets on the table at your game to make sure the scores are written down correctly. That would help ensure we get the scores recorded correctly.
Your divisions will not stay the same as it is now. Some teams will be moved up and some down. The number of teams in your division could change. Also the total number of divisions in your grade may change. Just letting you know that there will be changes in most grades.
*PSA Postseason winter playoffs
* Games Begin: Wednesday February 20.
* Games End: March 2 (3rd if needed).
* 3rd & 4th Grade will play at 6 or 7pm during the week. 4th grade could play at 8pm only if necessary.
* Postseason playoff game schedule will be posted online at www.psaplano.org, click on the basketball icon at the top. The playoff schedule will be posted on the home page of the basketball web site. It will not be in your My Sam account. Please let your parents know where to find the schedule
* All games will be played at PSA1 and PSA2.
* Each team will be scheduled to play at least 2 pool games in the playoffs.
* Each team will be placed in a pool of at least 3 teams. (some pools could consist of 4 or 5 teams depending upon the number of teams in the division for that GRADE).
* Each team will play every team in their pool once.
* The number and size of the playoff brackets will be determined by the league coordinators and the entire basketball board. It is based upon regular season records.
* Only THE WINNERS OF EACH POOL will advance into bracket play.
Tiebreakers for Pool game Standings:
· 1st tiebreaker: Head to head competition
· 2nd tiebreaker: LEAST points scored against
* Semifinal games in bracket play: Winners of semifinal games advance to championship game; losers of semifinal games compete in consolation game for 3rd and 4th place, if there is one.
* All postseason playoff game scores and standings will be posted online at www.psabasketball.org under Tournament Link. (IMPORTANT: Please verify the score report on the table AFTER each game).
* The number of trophies given out depends on the number of teams in the division.
* Trophies will be available for teams to pick up at the front desk at PSA1 & PSA2 immediately following the games.
Questions: e-mail your league coordinator or firstname.lastname@example.org