Welcome to Rugby!
The main season for rugby is the spring.
Free pre-season "Open" sessions are planned for the Fall/Winter. See Spring Information page for details.
- PSA Rugby has been a continuous program since its founding in 2000.
- The PSA program currently caters to boys and girls ages 7 - 18.
- The main season is spring with matches played from February through April.
- Preseason "no obligation" practices for new players to "check out rugby" start in the Fall.
- This is a wonderful sport as most players find out, that is played in around 130 countries.
- Rugby embodies more elements from other sports than any other sport.
- Rugby has a tradition of camaraderie, sportsmanship and respecting opponents and officials.
- Youth rugby is one of the fastest growing team sports in the USA.
- Most colleges have a rugby program and many now offer rugby scholarships.
- Many of our graduating rugby players have gone on to represent their respective colleges with some having been awarded significant rugby scholarships.
- Some players have gone on to represent national teams
- 25% of rugby players in the USA are female.
- Rugby was last played in the Olympic Games in 1924.
- The current Olympics gold medal holder is the USA!
- Rugby's 7 on 7 version is being reintroduced into the 2016 Olympic Games.
- World Rugby (www.worldrugby.org) is the governing body for the sport worldwide.
2016 Registration fees and other information for Spring leagues is in the Spring Information tab.
Rugby Videos clips:
Professional International 7s
PSA Grade 9-12s
PSA Grade 7-8s
PSA Grade 4-6
PSA Grade 1-3
USA Youth Rugby promotion clip
Email: email@example.com or call PSA Rugby Director: Nick Marketos, 214-726-9190