Welcome to Rugby!
- This is a wonderful sport as most players find out, that is played in around 130 countries.
- Rugby embodies more elements from other sports than any other sport.
- Rugby has a tradition of camaraderie, sportsmanship and respecting opponets and officials.
- PSA rugby has been a continuous program since its founding in 2000.
- The PSA program currently caters to boys and girls ages 7 - 18.
- The main season is spring with matches played from February through April.
- Preseason "no obligation" practices for new players to "check out rugby" start in December
- Youth rugby is one of the fastest growing team sports in the USA.
- Many of our graduating rugby players have gone on to represent their respective colleges.
- Some players have gone on to represent national teams.
- Most colleges have a rugby program and many now offer rugby scholarships.
- Many of our graduatiing playesr have gone on to represent their respective colleges.
- Some of our players have been selected for USA national teams.
- 25% of rugby players in the USA are female!
- Rugby was last played in the Olympic games in 1924.
- The current Olympicsa gold medal holder is the USA!
- Rugby's 7 on 7 version is being reintroduced into the 2016 Olympic Games.
- The International Rugby Board (IRB), www.irb.com is the governing body for the sport worldwide.
- USA Rugby (www.usarugby.org) is the governing body in the USA
- Rugby Texas (www.rugbytexas.org), overseas youth rugby in Texas.
For registration fees and other information please check the Spring Information tab.
Rugby Videos clips:
PSA Rugby Director: Nick Marketos, 214-726-9190