Welcome to Rugby!
Our Spring rugby program is underway. We can take late registrations. See Spirng Information tab for registration details.
We're also offering free "nion-contact" sessions for grades K-3
- PSA rugby has been a continuous program since its founding in 2000.
- The PSA program currently caters to boys and girls ages 7 - 18.
- The main season is spring with matches played from February through April.
- Preseason "no obligation" practices for new players to "check out rugby" start in November.
- This is a wonderful sport as most players find out, that is played in around 130 countries.
- Rugby embodies more elements from other sports than any other sport.
- Rugby has a tradition of camaraderie, sportsmanship and respecting opponents and officials.
- Youth rugby is one of the fastest growing team sports in the USA.
- Many of our graduating rugby players have gone on to represent their respective colleges.
- Some players have gone on to represent national teams.
- Most colleges have a rugby program and many now offer rugby scholarships.
- 25% of rugby players in the USA are female.
- Rugby was last played in the Olympic Games in 1924.
- The current Olympics gold medal holder is the USA!
- Rugby's 7 on 7 version is being reintroduced into the 2016 Olympic Games.
- The International Rugby Board (IRB), (www.irb.com) is the governing body for the sport worldwide.
For registration fees and other information please check the Spring Information tab.
Rugby Videos clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xpzV787McQ PSA Under 19s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1jmPOcnGQ PSA Under 15s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfC9ex0NUco PSA Under 11s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6FLPBn8DOo&feature=em-upload_owner PSA Under 9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW8n0UqwsM USA Youth Rugby promotion clip
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call PSA Rugby Director: Nick Marketos, 214-726-9190