Welcome to Rugby!
Free pre-season "Open" sessions will be every Saturday @ 10am starting on October 29th and run through the end of January. These are open to all ages, boys and girls. These sessions will take place at Liberty Park (1200 Mill Valley Dr, Plano, TX 75075). As our actual season begins in the Spring, these sessions are a great way to get introduced to the game and meet other players/parents. Parents are welcome to join in on these sessions where we help teach the basics of the game while also having fun playing Touch Rugby with the kids. Gym Shorts, Tshirts, rubber studded shoes and a mouth guard are all you need to play. New players will be assisted by coaches and players for introduction to the rules and basics (passing, tackling etc). Safe Rugby style tackling techniques will be taught in preparation for our official season starting in the Spring.
Liability waiver is required to be filled out prior to play.
- PSA Rugby has been a continuous program since its founding in 2000.
- The PSA program currently caters to boys and girls ages 7 - 18.
- The main season is spring with matches played from February through April.
- Preseason "no obligation" practices for new players to "check out rugby" start in the Fall.
- This is a wonderful sport as most players find out, that is played in around 130 countries.
- Rugby embodies more elements from other sports than any other sport.
- Rugby has a tradition of camaraderie, sportsmanship and respecting opponents and officials.
- Youth rugby is one of the fastest growing team sports in the USA.
- Most colleges have a rugby program and many now offer rugby scholarships.
- Many of our graduating rugby players have gone on to represent their respective colleges with some having been awarded significant rugby scholarships.
- Some players have gone on to represent national teams
- 25% of rugby players in the USA are female.
- Rugby was last played in the Olympic Games in 1924.
- The current Olympics gold medal holder is the USA!
- Rugby's 7 on 7 version is being reintroduced into the 2016 Olympic Games.
- World Rugby (www.worldrugby.org) is the governing body for the sport worldwide.
2016 Registration fees and other information for Spring leagues is in the Spring Information tab.
Rugby Videos clips:
Professional International 7s
PSA Grade 9-12s
PSA Grade 7-8s
PSA Grade 4-6
PSA Grade 1-3
USA Youth Rugby promotion clip
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call PSA Rugby Director: Nick Marketos, 214-726-9190